Goals: To learn to create a works cited page. To learn to introduce sources properly in our writing. To begin writing our informational essays.
1) Introducing sources (keep this handout forever)
2) Creating a works cited page-Once you have created your works cited page on a Google doc, you will have to COPY AND PASTE it onto the last page of your essay. The only thing on your works cited page should be your WORKS CITED, not any part of your essay. Remember that you have to cite sources for graphics too!
3) Work on essays. Make sure to look at RUBRIC in turnitin.com BEFORE you press submit.
NO AOW this week. Who Made That essay is due on Tuesday night by 10PM. Earlier is better for me!
In your essay:
1) Look at examples again (in my blog posts). Your job is to inform AND entertain. Use your own words unless quoting.
2) Make sure to have a good hook!
3) Let your personality and voice shine through. Remember your audience! Use your best vocabulary.
4) Focus on how the item came about and evolved over time
5) End with a bang!
6) Proofread carefully
7) 1 1/2 to 2 pages
8) Pictures are great
9) Introduce sources using the handout I provided!
9) Works cited page
HAPPY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! It's been a pleasure being your teacher. Please take some time to add a slide to THIS slide show and wr...
Goals: To begin reading the book and to think about the essential questions as we read. To become familiar with the characters. AGENDA: ...
AGENDA Finish station you didn't finish yesterday. Fill out this reflection Chapter 5 TO DO ARTICLE OF THE WEEK #6 Due the Fri...
GOALS: To continue reading and discussing the essential questions. To continue familiarizing ourselves with the characters.. To practice ou...